These are a few helpful tips to help you receive your order in a timely and efficient manner.
• First, how much does your shipment weigh? If your shipment is approximately 100lbs or less; it will likely ship with specialty freight company. If your shipment is shipping with a specialty freight company, keep an eye out for an email from our fulfillment team with the tracking number and be sure to visit the specialty freight company website for updates. You will be required to sign for the package.
• For those shipments that weigh over 100lbs, your shipment will more than likely be shipped using an LTL carrier. The LTL carrier will be decided after an estimated shipping date is set. Once you have the name of the carrier and the tracking number, it is recommended that you contact the carrier to set up appointment; this puts the power in your hands and prevents you from having to wait to hear from the carrier. This will also place urgency on your order, as they will be aware that you are actively awaiting it. It is equally important to record the names of the people you speak with so that, if necessary, you may refer back to them. Some carriers may contact you with unexpected charges and requests. If this occurs, please contact Mark James Flooring immediately. It is highly recommended that you contact the carrier again on the day of your delivery appointment so that you may confirm the appointment.
• Please Note: Residential curbside deliveries are curbside deliveries and you ARE expected to move the materials from the curb into your home so please plan accordingly. We want your delivery experience to be as easy as possible, so we pay a premium price for a lift gate to be used on each delivery. The LTL carrier should move the shipment from the truck to the ground for you.
When the carrier delivers the materials, the following steps will ensure that should you have any difficulties, they will be handled properly. This will also allow you to receive proper compensation. If you do not follow the steps below, you will be responsible for filing the claim against the carrier yourself. However, if the steps are followed properly, Mark James Flooring will file a claim on your behalf and either credit you for the damaged materials or replace them. Please also note that any refused shipments without the consent of Mark James Flooring will be treated as a return with all of the associated costs. Please see our return policies to know what those associated costs are.
Inspect freight for damages. It is up to you to inspect the pallet before signing for the product. Please take the time to go through and look at each carton. Even small indicators such as rips in the surrounding plastic can be indicative of improper handling of your order. Check the shrink-wrap on your pallet to see if it is intact. If it is not, please make a note of that on the Delivery Receipt.
Check your invoice or your order confirmation to verify that you have received the proper quantity of materials. Please verify the presence of the smaller materials such as moldings (probably in a tube), glue, and underlayment. These may be packed together in some cases so be certain to check for every item. Any missing items should be noted on the Delivery Receipt as "short," i.e. "short of..." If you believe that there are missing items, please make sure you note those on the delivery receipt and the delivering carrier and Mark James Flooring will determine the source of the loss. It may be necessary to keep the materials in question for carrier inspection.
After you have verified that no materials are damaged and missing, you may sign the delivery receipt indicating as much.
Should the unfortunate circumstance of damage or shortage happen on your delivery, please call your sales representative at Mark James Flooring and they can start a case for you. The claims team will contact you to gather information about your damage or shortage and begin the process of helping you get the materials you need.
Current Shipping Offer
Dependent upon which state the product is shipped to.
Any in-stock items are usually shipped out from our facilities within two business days.
Tracking information will be sent via email within two business days from when the product is shipped and include the carrier contact information and the tracking number. If the tracking information is not received within 72 hours from when the product shipped, please call us for that information. With the tracking information, you may proactively contact the freight carrier directly to coordinate delivery.
Within the lower 48 states, orders are delivered within approximately 5-7 business days. Trim and transition pieces are made-to-order and will typically ship separate from flooring materials All delivery dates are estimated; we cannot guarantee specific delivery dates under any circumstances. Seasonal weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances may impact transit and cause unexpected delays.
Receiving Your Flooring Order: What to Expect
Shipments less than 100lbs will typically ship via specialty freight companies. Typically, these shipments will require a signature for delivery.
Shipments over 100lbs include common carrier residential, curbside and lift-gate delivery services.
Residential means the freight carrier will be in contact once the material arrives at the delivery freight terminal. The freight carrier may provide an estimated delivery date; although, delivery will NOT take place until a delivery window is made between you and the freight carrier.
Curbside means the freight truck will arrive and place the pallet(s) off the street, typically on the curb or just inside the driveway.
Lift-gate means the delivery truck will lower the material from the freight trailer down to ground level.
To guarantee satisfaction, when receiving your order:
• Be prepared to assist the delivery driver in unloading your order. Cartons can weigh up to 80lbs, depending on the product. Freight carriers are NOT allowed to move material into your home or garage, unless specific arrangements have been pre-arranged at an additional cost.
• The order confirmation received lists all the materials and quantities ordered. Examine the pallet(s) and count EACH item to make sure everything ordered has been received.
• Visually inspect the condition and entirety of the shipment before accepting it. If there is any sign of distress or items missing make sure to notate that on the delivery receipt and ACCEPT the delivery. Refer to the missing and damaged items policy for further details.
• DO NOT allow the delivery driver to leave until you have verified shipment.
• DO NOT refuse the delivery. Refer to the Returns and Cancellation policy for further details. Once unloaded, we recommend storing the material in the location it will be installed. Failure to store the materials properly can result in voiding the product warranty. This will allow the flooring to acclimate and reduce the number of times you will have to move it. Please refer to the specific installation instructions for proper acclimation requirements.
We strongly recommend that you do NOT schedule the installation until after receipt of all your material. Manufacturing schedules, weather conditions, supply-demand and replacement for damaged or missing items are just some of the instances that may delay the arrival of your material. We cannot be held liable for failure to meet scheduled install dates due to earlier or later than expected delivery.
Returns & Cancellations Policy
The purchaser is responsible for confirming the order accuracy and contacting us immediately with any discrepancies or changes. All orders are fulfilled as soon as they are placed. Once an order has been fulfilled the ability to change or cancel the order is NOT guaranteed.
If you need to cancel an order, please call us immediately. Order cancellations must be initiated over the phone. Orders cancelled prior to being shipped will be assessed a 10% non-negotiable cancellation fee. Orders canceled after being shipped will be assessed a 20% non-negotiable cancellation fee plus any associated actual freight charges, which typically differ from the invoiced amounts for freight.
If you need to return an order, you may return and/or exchange unopened cartons of flooring. Items must be returned within 15 days from delivery. Some restrictions apply. Orders returned will be assessed a 20% non-negotiable restocking fee plus any associated actual freight charges.
We will accept returns on entire orders and partial orders with a 5-carton minimum. If you have fewer cartons, keep them in storage, as extra material is handy for future repairs.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Applicable cancellation or restocking fee.
• Associated actual freight costs, which may be different from invoiced amounts.
• Preparing material for successful return transit.
• All costs for items returned without prior written authorization, including refused shipments.
Non-Cancellable and Non-Returnable Items:
• Flooring accessories: molding, trim and/or transition items.
• Installation materials: adhesives and trowels.
• Cleaning materials.
• Clearance and Odd Lot products.
• All Name Brands and Special-Order items
All refunds will be processed within 15 days of return confirmation and will be refunded to the original method of payment.
Missing & Damaged Items Policy
There are occasions when an order is shipped from multiple locations and will arrive at different times. Tracking notification emails will list all items included in each shipment. In the event that material is missing from a single shipment NOTATE the delivery receipt and call us immediately to report the situation.
Our freight carriers are selected through stringent guidelines for service and quality. If you have a concern regarding delivery, please let us know. Out of our total orders placed and shipped, we only receive 1.2% (actual percentage) in claims initiated by customers.
• In the rare occasion that you receive damaged material, please: NEVER refuse a delivery. Refused deliveries incur additional costs and decrease the chances of getting a resolution in a timely manner. Refused deliveries are also subject to costs outlined in the Returns and cancellation policy. Any damages from refused deliveries are non-refundable, and because it was refused, would not be notated on the delivery receipt. We are not responsible for ANY costs associated with a refused delivery. NOTATE the delivery receipt. If damages are Not notated on the delivery receipt, you will be responsible for filing a freight claim with the carrier directly DO NOT DISCARD the damaged material. By law, once reported, the damaged material is the property of the carrier and they have 120 days to decide if they wish to inspect, pick-up or discard the material. The freight carrier is responsible once the product leaves our possession. NOTIFY us immediately. You have 15 days from product delivery to acknowledge a claim. Refer to our Case policy (below) for details.
We’re committed to providing the best possible service in the industry. Although issues may arise, it is our intention to make this process as painless as we possibly can by using the following process:
• Call us immediately to report the situation.
• Reference your order number and assigned case number on all communication.